Tuesday 16 May 2017

Succulent Garden 8" Explosion Card

Just thought I would give you a break from men's cards for a day!

But don't forget that today is the last day you can register your interest in the Card Trio Kit in the Mail... Click here for more details...

So last month we were also using the Succulent Garden papers (wow £10 reduced to £7 a pack) along with the Irresistibly Floral (wow £11.75 down to £9.40) in my classes...
And I was asked on the spot to make a larger version of the 6" paper Explosion card (aka Dutch Map Fold) ... so I obliged with a spare full piece of the Succulent Garden papers and this is what I came up with ... so here you go Patsy!

So take an 8" Square piece of paper.... and fold as directed here... I just added an extra fold at the 4 corners... folding the peaks back on themselves to show a bit of the other side of the paper when open...
The Thick Whisper White outer card blank is a 10.5cm Square one (4 1/8" for my US Readers)...with the front papers being 10 cm (3 15/16") Square with a 3 x 10cm (1 1/4" x 3 15/16")  piece stuck on top (at the bottom)... then the ribbon wrapped round...

Then decorate as desired.... I just quickly used some of the flowers I had cut from another of the Succulent Garden papers... with the greetings from Super Duper... 
Great size for this fold & card... as the papers for the front are cut from the off cuts as you cut your 8" Square piece of paper from the 12x12" piece... and I do think a 12" x 12" centre folded piece would be somewhat too large for a card (oh! unless you needed lots of signature space or something...and then I guess it would be really cool!)

Such a great way to use all those papers sitting in your stash cupboard! Definitely one I will use again sometime soon...




No comments: