Sunday 14 August 2016

Thoughtful Branches Holly

And here is the last of my topiary trio... a holly bush dressed for Christmas...

Spot the details...
You probably won't be able to see this detail... but the leaf canopy is domed... adding real texture to the card. 

Really easy to do... after you have used your Big Shot Die Brush to remove all the die cut scraps... turn the leaf canopy over on the mat and give it another brush (or 3)... everything all pops up ( well down actually!)  to form the dome shape... 

It is also easy to glue down that way - just Tombow or Precision Tip Glue around the edges and be careful to leave the dome shape in the centre as you stick it down...

A double spoiler alert now... a red glitter-embossed Holly Berry Happiness punched bow... yes glitter embossing powders are coming your way... My initial glitter-embossing wasn't so deep in colour ( I think my Versamark needed a re-ink!)... so  - rather than go upstairs to get the Versamark refill - I cheated! I stamped the bow in Real Red, then I stamped over in Versamark, applied the Red glitter-embossing powder and heated to melt...worked a treat! Lovely and glittery

And 1/8" hand punched circle red glimmer paper berries...
Another Seasonal Bells punched and trimmer plant pot - a different bell this time! And banner again from Seasonal Bells...

And a tree trunk from a Soft Suede sliver stamped with the woodgrain effect stamp in Soft Suede from Timeless Textures...

And if this is the first of the Topiary Trio you have come across - and some of the new Autumn Winter/Holiday product names are new to you! Please feel free to go back a few days worth of blog posts when more is revealed...


5 comments:

Deb Speijers said...

I love this also! Especially the fact that you sat there and punched out those red glimmer berries! How many did you lose on your craft table lol! I know I would of had them stuck everywhere except on the card! Your work is amazing and I look forward to your emails of inspiration!

Deb Speijers said...

Me again, sorry lol! I just re read your post and realized you made the pot out of the Seasonal Bells stamp set, another great idea!! I really need to learn how to think outside the box!

Cheryl said...

Cute Topiaries! Thanks for sharing! Read Deb's comment, yup I had sequins for a project and I think more were on the floor than on the card! Blessings...

Amanda said...

Lol Deb...... Oh I actually stood there punching glimmer berries! Dunno why that was! And none lost care of hand punch! It has its advantages.... And I must be the only person that makes a pot from a bell instead of a bell for the first inking and punching... Maybe I need to think in the box first!!! Lol!

Amanda said...

Thanks Cheryl... Yes and don't sneeze whilst working with sequins!!! Lol!