Saturday 16 April 2016

It's My Party Gift Card Holder Box

Another quick share... back to normal service next week...honest!
Is it a box... Or is it a Gift Card holder... you choose!
More on this explosion box project another day... but I just had to share another of the projects we have been making at classes this week....

Edited to Add - Link to Gift Card Holder Explosion Box Tutorial here. The only differences for this one compared to the recipe in the Tutorial being ...
  • the decoration around the Lid.  I wrapped washi tape all the way round. Then I put washi tape onto a piece of white card, punched 2 bow sides and centre piece from the stiffened washi tape. Then trimmed off the white card showing at the top and bottom... Does a great job... love it!
  • a few card/colour mat quantities in the Recipe are different as I simplified the other one to just 2 colours.... This one uses 6 x 6.5cm Crushed Curry, 1 x 6.5cm Basic Black and 2 x 6.4cm Melon Mambo (and 1 x 6.9cm Crushed Curry for the lid)
  • the decoration for the diagonal/tag pocket flaps. I stuck the paper onto the card mat first and then the matted triangles onto the triangular side sections

And don't forget to check out the fantastic Weekly Deals this week... too good not to miss... and remember 8 pm next Monday for the Retiring List....

And finally... the gift card pictured caused a few laughs! Not only did we think of what co-ordinated black gift cards we could buy....  ( tee Hee...Pizza Express for tonight for our Jems Stampin Up! Team meet up!)  but then I said.. What can you buy from Cotton Traders!? No idea where I got the card from!... Sorry Cotton Traders.... But hey then I looked it up... clothing, footwear and rugby apparel.... And 4 of us in the room are rugby mums! Then we remembered!!! Oops! Don't tell the boys!



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello! I'm not really sure how I found your blog today, but I love it, you do such beautiful work. COuld you please post directions on how to make this Box/Gift Card holder. Thank you so much!

Amanda said...

Thank you... Details will be coming someday soon....

Unknown said...

Thank you! I can't wait!! I have added your blog to the list the I check everyday!