Monday 25 April 2016

Enormous Box Frame showcasing Sweet Sugarplum... and me & the other half...

Another day... another 2016 On Stage Telford, UK Stampers Showcase project... and cough... I was rather pleased with this one!!! It was a new idea... and it worked!! Second time around....

Although I don't think most people realised that this frame was just made out of cardstock where it lay on the Stampers Showcase table - as it was cheek and jowl with a smaller 9" Ikea Ribba frame.... but for those of you that picked it up... I am sure that you will have realised... as it is somewhat lighter than the Ribba version....
Take 4 pieces of Thick Whisper White card... and make a nearly 12" Square Box Frame... and display whatever your hearts desires...
I didn't originally plan to use this for a scrapbook layout... nor display a photo of Jon and I on our wedding day... but time was of the essence... so other plans were put onto the back burner... yup... that is me a few years back... this may be the first (and last!) time you see a photo of me....!
And no the tutorial is not yet available I am afraid... and it will be a while as the month is somewhat busy!!! ( yes again) Though I am itching to make another variant already!!! 

But in the meantime have a practice run with a Box Frame Card if you haven't already... loads of variants on this blog if you search for Box Frame Card... but go here for the most popular 6" version... 

And spot the new Ruched Ribbon for the new 2016-18 In Colors... think this maybe my favourite ribbon ever! Can't wait till 1st June to buy more....

And a detail for your Rose Wonder die cuts...  double layered leaves...give the spines of a second set of the leaves a squidge (technical term!!!!) and glue over your flat ones...lots of added dimension in a flash...
Talking of dimension..... and many of you will not remotely understand these comments until tomorrow.... Tuesday is for Txxxxx... I know that these few words will make a few of you VERY happy!!!! Dapper Denim again tomorrow if you need another hint.... Yes it is coming!!! Tutorial too...

4 comments:

Anne said...

Hi Amanda- how lovely. X

Amanda said...

Hi Anne... Thank you! And we did miss you at Telford..hope you have 4-5th November in your diary!

Nicsann said...

I know what the T is! However this project as nearly all your work is, just stunning! I will look forward to the Tutorial. You are such an inspiration - thank you!

Amanda said...

Thanks Nic... Guess the T might go down well in your house!