Thursday 16 July 2015

Timeless Elegance Box Frame Card

I have had a few special cards to make for special people this week...so my Box Frame card sprang to mind... so a few more ideas to share with you...

The main difference to the previous versions of the Box Frame Card is the use of the Scallop Square die to die cut a piece of paper for the front of the card ... easier way to decorate the front and adds its own feature....though maybe not so easy to see on this card.....

This card is for Lynzie who does pop on here and will be delighted to see that I am sharing her age for all to see!!! Happy Birthday again for tomorrow Lynzie... hope you manage to have a very special day as planned....

Lynzie's favourite colour is Calypso Coral (she was also particularly sad to see the demise of Crisp Canteloupe In Color!) - so out came the Aquapainter pen and the roses on the gorgeous piece of paper were coloured in... easy card but so effective in the flesh....

The butterfly body is from Watercolor Wings whereas the die cut and stamped butterflies are from Butterfly Basics. The top butterfly is actually the Waxed paper I used to enable the easy die-cutting & release of my Sahara Sand butterfly underneath... too good not to use!

And - to finish off - a couple of funny stories for you...

I handed Lynzie her card and told her that she couldn't open it until tomorrow..... which had us both in giggles.... why!!? Because this is how the card was presented...

No cardstock lid to cover it up... just a scored sheet of acetate... like this method! Stronger than a card lid... no further decoration required... and all the hard work on show for all to see!!!

And the funniest of messages I received last night from a fellow demo/team-mate/friend .... I was asked if I was alright.... why!!!!???

Because I had been sharing some pink cards.... now I know that is unusual for me.... but the question REALLY made me laugh!!!!

1 comment:

Karen Watts said...

Have just received that DSP, inspired again by your makes. k x