Tuesday 14 October 2014

More Ornamental Pines in Soft Blues

Amanda Bates, The Craft Spa, 077
Following on from yesterdays post. The single layer card I CASED from the catalogue warped as a result of the white heat embossing… so another layer was required as the card format was far too nice not share!
So 2 versions of matting here… my favourite on the left! I remade the cards using Soft Sky rather than Pool Party - it takes on a dreamlike appearance – and it is SO gorgeous when used with new Lost Lagoon in-color – a match made in heaven!!!
Amanda Bates, The Craft Spa, North Yorkshire 070
Again I have used the Gorgeous Grunge splats to add the delicate snowy effect around the pine images….. Again LOL…. this is another card that can make the week’s Snow Challenge theme folder… maybe tomorrow
Oh and spot the Thumping…. yes Lost Lagoon marker pen “delicately but randomly stroked” over the Soft Sky inked pine cone stamp… lovely job! I still laugh at this technique being called Thumping – I am always quick to point out in classes that actually thumping of my marker pens is not what it is about!!! They would see a grown woman cry…
Amanda Bates, The Craft Spa, North Yorkshire 073

6 comments:

Anne said...

beautiful. What exactly is 'thumping'? :-)

Amanda said...

Here you go Anne... Link to SplitcoastStampers tutorial
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/thumping/.

Anne said...

Thanks Amanda. Will give it a try. X

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Hi Amanda! I just wanted to pop by to say how lovely today's cards are! Your cards are always great, but these really stand out and are so eye catching in blue - just gorgeous! Xx

Cindy smithers said...

Gorgeous as always, it makes me want to move the UK. Plus I adore Downton
Abbey.

Amanda said...

Thanks so much for your lovely comment Cindy. Glad you like the cards... and Downton Abbey too...think of me next time you watch and they are popping into York...my home town!