Monday 15 September 2014

Holiday Home for Christmas & Quarterly Team Training Swap

Holiday Home, Homemade Holiday, Amanda Bates, The Craft Spa, 2014 (1)
Hello! I’m back… ready to share lots of projects for Christmas…and not for Christmas too!! Didn’t really know where to start today as (gulp!) I have nearly 3 months worth of projects to share with you… so decided I would start with something for Christmas.
This was my team training swap card from last Saturday… I had a fabulous day amongst such a great group of girls … great training projects, inspiration stations and presentations… so I learnt lots…was inspired lots…and laughed lots!!! And the rendition of Happy Birthday to me was like a choir in a cathedral!!! A really tuneful bunch…. yes seriously…. But I am SO SO  glad that the “threatened bumps” didn’t materialise!!!!
Holiday Home, Homemade Holiday, Amanda Bates, The Craft Spa, 2014 (3)
I  first have to do a shout out for my helpers Moya & Hilda for the production of these swaps. It is so much more fun producing bulk cards when you have good company… and so much quicker too!! You will never know how much it is appreciated!!
And then… I have to apologise to my fellow swappers for 2 things. Firstly that I was SO slow in the swap line – but I really did have to pass my swap on with an open door!!! You don’t snip all those little doors so that they will open and then pass them on shut so no-one realises!!!! And secondly that I used a retired punch to punch my wreath out!! Yes it is the 3/8” punch from the retired Itty Bitty punch trio…oops…did that without realising….
My favourite stamp set in the Autumn Winter catalogue has to be the Holiday Home stamps and matching Home made Holidays Framelits. Not only do I “have a thing about houses”… but these can be used all year round and  I have a definite lack of crafting goodies for New Home cards! As well as having wanted a Reindeer & Sleigh image for ages!!! So I was a happy “camper” when I saw these….
Photopolymer stamps – so such great value… as well as being bundled up together with 15% off too… Just look at how many stamps you get…. lots of play factor…..
And I have since realised that these Framelits make great Tags too – either as house shapes  - or just snip the chimneys off for a fabulous tag shape – 3 of them…. 
And here is the open door!!! Come back tomorrow for a New Home version…..
Holiday Home, Homemade Holiday, Amanda Bates, The Craft Spa, 2014 (2)

2 comments:

Nicsann said...

Ah its great to see you back blogging Amanda! I am very proud to own several of your beautiful swaps one of which still stands pride of place on my craft shelf and its from a year or so ago, Saturdays training was really inspiring and I like you decided to start somewhere but wasn't sure either where I was going to! I really look forward to seeing all the amazing makes you no doubt have in store for us. Nic

Anne-Marie said...

Love the little open door, great card Amanda. xx